Thursday May 25, 2017 Again on Saturday, May 27, 2017
Continuing the Rug Hooking 101 series, I talk about how to rug hook in all directions, how to turn a corner and get a sharp edge, and how to make a point for a star or leaf.
I had a wonderful class with lots of participation last Thursday. Everything went perfectly — except I forgot to hit the record button. I redid the lesson Live! on Saturday at 7pm*.
- 01:07 Walk through of the new webinar software, how to participate
- 02:22 Raise your hand
- 03:19 My oops moment
- 05:06 cindigayrughooking.com
- 06:21 Rug hooking in all directions
- 10:10 Why learning to hook in all directions is important
- 11:20 How to rug hook a corner
- 12:02 Why your corners are rounded and not sharp
- 13:08 The solution for a sharp corner
- 13:58 Why it works
- 14:34 How to rug hook a sharp point
- 14:57 Tips on how to rug hook in a diagonal direction
- 16:06 What is a burling iron? and why do I need one?
- 18:26 Visiting my shop near I-75 at Route 6 (Bowling Green, Oh)
- 19:14 Will the burling irons be available at Manistee rug camp in June?
- 19:35 Bullet Journal
- 21:18 How to rug hook a star
- 21:54 How to hook tiny stars with 5 loops
- 22:45 What frame am I using for my room-sized rug?
- 23:55 Why I don’t use a larger frame
- 24:28 Manistee Rug Camp is in June — starts on Father’s Day each year
- 24:53 How to hook lines side by side without tails at each end of each row.
Here’s the video of the color planning session for this pattern. It is part 1 of Case Study in the course, Color Planning for Rug Hookers.
- 28:47 The wrong side of the wool
- 30:04 The rug hooking police are not real
- 30:58 Hard to see details in this webinar.
The Rug Hooking Technique Course is being developed. To be notified when it is available, fill in the form below:
Want to watch every live lesson, get the notifications!To watch live each week, follow the instructions on cindigayrughooking.com/live or go to rughooklive.com. Be sure to sign up for the email notifications on that page.
Need more help with color planning?
Check out my online courses. The video lessons are there waiting for you to watch at any time. Need to hear something more than once? No problem. Just rewind the video. How many times have you been in a rug hooking class and you missed something? A live teacher does not have a rewind, but the videos do.
You get lifetime access. That means you will be able to enjoy all the improvements I make in the future. You are already "in."
Membership to a private Facebook group is included. This is a safe place to ask questions that will only be seen by other rug hookers in the class, not your entire Facebook community.
I will host live lessons at least twice a year. Only students in the class will have access.